Easter Fruit Cake
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||4 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Colored eggs||3 (to decorate)|
|Chick||3 (to decorate)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a round cake tin of 7 inches. Use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line it.
3) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar. Beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
4) Add the sultanas, along with the marmalade, and stir well.
5) Fold in the flour, milk and spices.
6) Into the prepared tin, spoon the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
8) Let the cake cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack and take off the paper lining.
9) Let the cake cool completely.
10) If you wish to freeze the cake, it needs to be done at this point. Wrap the cooled cake in cling film and then pack in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
11) In a bowl, put the icing sugar and beat in the orange juice till the mixture is thick and smooth.
12) If using frozen cake, first take the cake out of the freezer, remove the wrappings and thaw it for about 4 hours. Make the icing as directed in Step 11.
13) Place the cake on a decorative serving platter and spoon the icing over the cake-'s top. Garnish with colored eggs and chick.
14) After the garnish and icing has set, serve the cake at room temperature or slightly chilled. Cut into wedges before serving, or cut at the table. Makes an excellent dessert.