Mardi Gras Cake
|Canned fruit cocktail||30 Ounce (1 can)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Lemon cake mix||18 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) Pour off the syrup form the fruit cocktail, reserving 1/3 cup.
3) In a bowl, prepare the cake batter as per the package directions, using water and reserved fruit syrup.
4) Put the butter or margarine in 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
5) Sprinkle sugar all over the pan.
6) Arrange the fruits in the pan.
7) Cover the fruits with the cake batter.
8) Place the pan in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
9) Place the cake on wire rack and allow to cool for 25 minutes.
10) Decorate the cake with icing, and serve chilled if desired.
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 563.6 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 99.6 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 27.3% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet