Glazed Pecan Chiffon Cake
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (sieved)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||4 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (finely chopped)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butterscotch glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 162.5C (325F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine 7 egg whites and cream of tartar and beat till stiff. Keep aside.
3. In a large sized bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together.
4. Add 2 cups brown sugar and mix well.
5. Add oil, egg yolks and water and beat well till it turns smooth in texture.
6. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and mix well.
7. Pour this prepared mixture over stiffly beaten egg whites and fold gently, using a rubber spatula.
8. Add pecans and fold once gently till well combined.
9. Transfer mixture on to a 10 inch Bundt pan/ Tube pan and bake for 55 minutes.
10. Increase oven temperature to 175C (350F) and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
12. Once cooled, demould upside down on to a presentation plate. Keep aside.
13. In a medium sized bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, corn syrup and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
14. Boil till syrup is up to 6 inch-8 inch thread consistency. (To test, using a fork, drop some syrup. If it forms 6 to 8 strings while being dropped, it is ready.
15. In a medium sized bowl, beat remaining egg whites till stiff.
16. Add cooked sugar syrup slowly and gradually in thin pouring consistency and beat well till it turns to peak stage.
17. Add remaining vanilla and fold gently.
18. Top prepared cake with Icing and a drizzle of Butterscotch glaze uniformly on all sides of the cake. Garnish with pecans and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7419 Calories from Fat 2296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 265 g408%
Saturated Fat 34 g170%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 925.4 mg308.5%
Sodium 4180.9 mg174.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1201 g400.3%
Dietary Fiber 55.4 g221.5%
Sugars 789.4 g
Protein 115 g230%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 220.4% Iron 77.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet