Orange Marmalade Cake
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Marmalade||3 Tablespoon, coarse-cut|
|Orange||1 , rinded and finely grated, 1/2 juiced|
|Lemon||1 , rinded and finely grated, 1/2 juiced|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound, sifted|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce, sifted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf tin.
3) Cream together the margarine or butter and sugar till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the eggs, a little at a time and then add the marmalade and orange and lemon rinds.
5) Pour the mixture in the prepared tin.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, till a skewer inserted in the cake-'s center emerges clean.
7) Let the cake cool in the tin for about 20 minutes and then turn it out onto a wire rack.
8) If you wish to freeze the cake at this point, first flash freeze till it is firm and then wrap it in a cling film. Overwrap the cake in foil or a freezer bag, seal, label and store in the freezer.
9) To make the icing, stir the orange and lemon juices into the icing sugar. Beat the mixture well with the help of a wooden spoon.
10) If using frozen cake, first unwrap the cake and leave it thaw at room temperature for about 4 to 5 hours. Make the icing as directed in Step 9.
11) Spread the icing smoothly all over the cake-'s top and set aside to dry.
12) Place the cake on a decorative cake plate and serve as a dessert. The cake can be served slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2857 Calories from Fat 922
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.1%
Saturated Fat 61.8 g308.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg222.3%
Sodium 3061.1 mg127.5%
Total Carbohydrates 450 g150%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 267.3 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 74.5% Vitamin C 197.3%
Calcium 96.9% Iron 72.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet