Coconut Loaf Cake
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce (175 g)|
|Dessicated coconut||3 Ounce (75 g)|
|Milk||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
1) Grease a 450g/1 lb loaf tin.
2) Heat the oven to 160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3).
3) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar and beat lightly to make a fluffly mixture.
4) Add the eggs one at a time and continute beating
5) Fold the 50 g/2 oz/2/3 cup coconut and the milk along with flour to the egg mixture and mix until well blended.
6) In the prepared tin, spoon the mixture, smooth the top and sprinkle the coconut over the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated moderate oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours untilgolden brown from top and well risen.
8) Let the loaf to cool in the tin, then turn out and remove the paper lining.
9) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
10) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
11) Thaw the loaf in wrapping at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
12) Slice the loaf and serve.