Delectable Carob Cake
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Carob powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve thrice. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till foam stage.
4. Add cream of tartar, honey and vanilla extract and beat till stiff peak stage.
5. Add sieved flour mixture and fold gently.
6. Transfer mixture on to a 9 inch spring form pan and bake in pre heated oven at bottom rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or till done.
7. Once baked, remove from oven, invert and keep aside to cool.
8. Cut into slices and serve immediately.