Honey Crunch Refrigerator Cake
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Icing sugar||3 Ounce, sifted|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Drinking chocolate powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet biscuits||1⁄2 Pound, crushed|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, stiffly whipped|
|Plain chocolate||1 Ounce, grated|
1) In a bowl, put the butter and very gradually beat in the icing sugar and honey. Beat till the mixture is light and fluffy.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients and beat well.
3) Into a well greased 7-inch sandwich tin, spoon the mixture. Smooth the top and press the mixture down well.
4) Place the tin the fridge for about 2 hours and chill the mixture. If preferred, leave the tin in the fridge overnight.
5) Remove the cake from the tin.
6) To freeze the cake, wrap it in cling film and pack in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze the cake.
7) Place the cake on a decorative cake plate.
8) Into the cream, stir the honey and spread the mixture over the cake. Garnish with grated chocolate.
9) If using frozen cake, remove the wrapping and let the cake thaw at room temperature for about 3 hours. Prepare the cake as in steps 7 and 8.
10) Serve the cake chilled or at room temperature. Makes a good dessert.