Quick Kalakand (Milk Cakes)
|Full fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pistachio||1 Tablespoon, cut into slivers|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, cut into slivers|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a heavy bottom saucepan, boil milk the milk until reduced in half.
3) Lightly coat the bottom of an ovenproof dish with butter.
4) Stir in the cottage cheese and sugar.
5) Whisk well until the mixture gets semi-solid consistency.
6) Remove the cottage cheese mixture into the ovenproof dish.
7) Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
8) Allow to stand in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooled.
9) Place the silver paper over the bake cheese mixture and remove the paper so as to stick the sliver sheet.
10) Sprinkle nuts over the cheese mixture.
11) Cut into square and place in refrigerator until chilled.
12) Arrange the squares on a serving dish and serve cold.