Traditional Date Cake
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 heaping cup)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine dates, soda and water. Keep the bowl aside to stand.
3) Add ingredients to the bowl and combine all.
4) Use greased pan to place the batter.
5) Sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
6) Place inside oven to bake the cake, until tester comes out clean.
7) Allow to cool on the rack.
8) Serve the cake by topping with whipped cream, if desired.