Caraway Seed Cake
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), softened (4 sticks)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Prepare a large 10-inch tube pan or Turk's-head mold by greasing it and then covering it without dusted flour.
3. In another bowl, pour out the flour and then sift the baking powder on top of it. Mix well till required
4. Add the caraway seed to the pan and mix well again
5. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the butter and the granulated sugar and mix well.
6. Add the vanilla essence and mix well again
7. Add the eggs to the bowl one at a time while mixing well for 2 minutes. Ensure that the mix is lightly and fluffy
8. Reduce speed and then gradually beat in the flour mixture till well combined. Turn out this mixture into the prepared pan and then bake for 1-1/4 of an hour till done. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
9. Remove from pan and then let it cool completely. Dust with confectioner-€™s sugar
10. Cut into slices and serve immediately.