Sour Cream Coffee Cake
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||1|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. ln a bowl, add both the flours, sugar, yeast and salt.
2. In a saucepan, heat milk and margarine until very warm and add to the flours mix, whisk egg and egg whites together and stir into the dough.
3. Continue to mix for another 3 minutes, until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
4. In a greased 9 inch cake pan, place the dough and allow to rise for about 2 ½ hours, until triple the size.
5. Gently press down the dough, and sprinkle with sugar and walnuts.
6. In a preheated oven, bake the cake at 225 degrees centigrade for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve hot.
If the nuts brown too quickly, cover top of cake with aluminum foil.