Light Fruit Cake
|Butter/1/2 crisco and 1/2 butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , juiced and grated rind|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind|
|Fruit cake mix||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|White raisins||1 Pound|
|Glace cherries||1⁄2 Pound|
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to cream.
3) Beat in eggs.
4) In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients.
5) Add the sifted mixture to the creamed mixture.
6) Fold in fruit.
7) Use a large tin to grease and line with paper.
8) Pour batter and place the tin inside oven to bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
9) Allow the cake to cool before removing from pan.
10) Serve the cake by adding your choice of toppings.