Madeira Cake Deluxe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, sift dry ingredients.
3) In another bowl, cream butter and add sugar.
4) Beat the mixture until light.
5) One by one, add the eggs and beat well.
6) Add flavorings.
7) Add flour and milk alternately, in three or four additions ending with flour. Beat well after each addition.
8) Use an 8" x 5" loaf pan or 9" or 10" tube pan to grease and flour.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 60 or 70 minutes.
10) Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes, before removing from pan.
11) Cool completely on a rack.
12) Serve the cake by spreading your choice of icing.