Madeira Cake Deluxe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, sift dry ingredients.
3) In another bowl, cream butter and add sugar.
4) Beat the mixture until light.
5) One by one, add the eggs and beat well.
6) Add flavorings.
7) Add flour and milk alternately, in three or four additions ending with flour. Beat well after each addition.
8) Use an 8" x 5" loaf pan or 9" or 10" tube pan to grease and flour.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 60 or 70 minutes.
10) Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes, before removing from pan.
11) Cool completely on a rack.
12) Serve the cake by spreading your choice of icing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5044 Calories from Fat 1924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g335.9%
Saturated Fat 128.1 g640.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1563.8 mg521.3%
Sodium 3200.3 mg133.3%
Total Carbohydrates 704 g234.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 416.5 g
Protein 79 g158.8%
Vitamin A 141.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 124% Iron 129.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet