|Caster sugar||225 Gram|
|Plain yogurt||150 Gram|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 , grated|
|Plain flour||225 Gram, sifted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 7-inch cake tin and use baking parchment to line it.
3) Beat the caster sugar and butter together till the mixture is pale and fluffy.
4) Add the yogurt and mix well.
5) Add the eggs gradually and beat thoroughly till the batter is smooth and thick.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 ¼ hours, till done.
7) Unmold the Yogurt Cake onto a decorative cake plate, cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Makes a good dessert as well as snack.
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.2 mg72.4%
Sodium 72.6 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 58.4 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet