Old Fashioned Nut Cake
|Walnuts/Pecans||32 Ounce, coarsely chopped to make 8 cups (4 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brandy/Rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sherry||1 Fluid Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 275 F
2. Lightly grease the bottom and the side of the 10-inch tube pan
3. In a large bowl, add the nuts and set aside
4. On another sheet of waxed paper, tip in the flour and the baking powder and the salt and mix well
5. In another bow, combine the milk with the rum and mix well
6. Prepare the large bowl of an electric mixer by tipping the butter and sugar into the bowl. Run the mixer at low speed to get a creamy golden mix.
7. Add the eggs one at a time at high speed to ensure that the eggs are fully mixed into the butter sugar mixture. Ensure that you scrape down the sides of the bowl down to get a uniform mix.
8. At low speed, add the flour mixture followed by the milk mixture. Begin and end with the flour mixture to get a uniform mix.
9. Pour the batter over the nuts that were present in the large bowl and gently mix. Then pour this in to the prepared pans.
10. Bake for 2-2 ½ hours till done and then turn out on a pan to cool completely. This cake can be frozen by wrapping in waxed paper or with cheesecloth soaked in sherry. Place in a cake tin and freeze till required.
11. Cut into slices and serve at room temperature