Date And Apple Cake
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft dark brown raw cane sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain wholemeal flour||4 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dessert apple||1 , peeled, cored and finely chopped|
|Chopped dates||1 Ounce|
1) First, lightly oil a 1 1/2 pint loaf dish.
2) Then, with non-stick vegetable parchment, line the base.
3) In a bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until the mix becomes thick.
4) To this, add the oil and molasses.
5) Then, add the flour and baking powder. Combine well.
6) Into the batter, add the apple and dates.
7) Into the prepared dish, pour the batter.
8) Over Defrost/Low setting, cook for 7 minutes or until the top is just dry.
9) Let the cake remain in the dish for 5 minutes before turning out to a serving dish.
10) After 5 minutes, turn the cake out to a serving dish.
11) Serve the Date and Apple Cake warm. Or, you can let it cool on a wire rack before wrapping the cake in a cling-film.