Light Nut And Fruit Cake
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), not drained|
|Bleached sultana raisins||2 Pound|
|Shredded coconut||1 Pound|
|Chopped citron||1⁄2 Pound|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
|Halved candied cherries||1⁄2 Pound|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Brandy/Fruit juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine butter and sugar to cream well.
3) One by one, add eggs and beat well after adding each time.
4) In a bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups of flour with baking powder and salt.
5) Combine fruits and nuts and add to the remaining 1 cup of flour.
6) Alternately beat in sifted flour and crushed pineapple to butter mixture.
7) Stir in brandy, flavoring and fruit mixture to combine properly.
8) Use 2 deep 8 x 8 inches pans to line with a double thickness of oiled heavy brown paper.
9) Pour the batter in the pans and place inside oven to bake for 3 hours.
10) Serve the cake by slicing and topping with whipped cream, if desired.