|Seedless raisins||2 Pound|
|Glazed cherries||1 Pound, cut in half|
|Citron peel||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mixed peel||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped dates||1⁄2 Pound|
|Almonds||1 Pound, blanched and split in half|
|White sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted and rind grated|
|Orange||1 , juice extracted and rind grated|
|Grape juice/Half brandy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees before baking the cake.
2) Thoroughly wash to clean the currants and raisins. Drain well.
3) Add fruit and combine well.
4) In a bowl, cream butter by adding sugar.
5) Continue beating while adding one egg at a time.
6) Stir in fruit juices and rind and molasses.
7) In another bowl, sift together flour, salt and spices.
8) Fold the sifted mixture to the egg mixture.
9) Dredge fruit in little flour and add to the mixture.
10) Use 3-tier pans to line with 2 layers of brown paper.
11) Pour the batter evenly and let stand overnight.
12) Place the pan inside the slow oven to bake until it is ready. Also place a pan of water in oven while baking.
13) Serve the cake by icing properly.
The largest cake will take about 4 1/2 hours.