Small Rich Fruit Cake
|Brown sugar||1 Pound|
|Seeded raisins||1 Pound|
|Sultana raisins||1 Pound|
|Mixed peel||1⁄2 Pound|
|Glace cherries||1⁄2 Pound|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Pound|
|Orange||1 , rind grated and juice extracted|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 225 degrees.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to whip up.
3) Add eggs to beat in, one by one.
4) Stir in 3 cups of flour and the soda.
5) Dredge fruit in flour and fold into the flour mixture along with remaining 1 cup of flour.
6) Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture.
7) Fold in nuts.
8) Use largest fruit cake pan 8 x 8 x 3 inches to line with several thicknesses of brown paper, greasing the top layer of paper.
9) Pour in batter and place inside oven to bake for 5 to 6 hours until a golden brown.
10) Allow the cake to cool before removing from pan.
11) Serve the cake by adding your choice of icing, if desired.