Banana Almond Cake
|Shortening/Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , unbeaten|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed bananas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the icing|
|Yellow sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), unblanched|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Grease a 12" x 8 1/2" cake pan and dust it with flour.
3) In a bowl, cream butter by gradually adding sugar.
4) Add eggs one by one and beat well, each time.
5) Drizzle vanilla and combine.
6) In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
7) Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas, into the egg mixture by stirring just until smooth.
8) Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
9) Place in preheated oven to bake for 30-35 minutes.
10) Make icing by creaming the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
11) Remove cake from oven when skewer comes out clean and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes.
12) Turn out and let cake cool slightly to warm.
13) Frost the cake with the icing and allow to cool.
14) Cut into cubes and serve the cake warm.