Festive Loaf Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Candied cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely cut|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 325°.
2) In a bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla to beat until light and fluffy.
3) One by one, add unbeaten eggs to beat thoroughly into the mixture.
4) In another bowl, sift dry ingredients.
5) Alternately, add dry mixture and milk to the creamed mixture.
6) Fold in cherries and combine to a smooth batter.
7) In a greased and floured 9 x 5 inches loaf pan, pour in the batter.
8) Place inside oven to bake for 55 minutes.
9) Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan.
10) Invert on a rack by loosening the edges and allow cooling.
11) Store the cake for one day before serving.
12) Top the cake with whipped cream and cherries, if desired.
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.7 mg37.2%
Sodium 224.1 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.7% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet