Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Pineapple rings||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Golden syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||150 Gram|
|Self-rising flour||150 Gram|
1. Grease and line your baking tin and put the oven on to preheat at gas 4 / 180*C.
2. Lay the pineapple slices in the tin on top of the greaseproof paper. Arrange the cherries with one inside each pineapple ring or however you like!
3. Pour golden syrup all around.
4. Next is to make the cake batter. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
5. Crack two eggs in a bowl and whisk it a bit. Keep adding it in small quantity to the butter and sugar batter. Making sure all the egg is mixed in before adding the next portion.
6. Next, sift the flour in and pour in the milk. Beat gently together.
7. Once the batter is ready. Pour it over the pineapples and smooth batter down.
8. Pop it into the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the cake is cooked and springy when you press your finger on to it. Or another test is to poke a thin skewer into the cake and if it comes out clean it’s cooked. If it’s still wobbly or has mixture on the skewer it’s not cooked.
9. Take out of oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Place a plate over the top of the tin and using a hand cloth or oven gloves, hold tight and turn upside down. Be careful as it will still be hot.
10. Peel back the greaseproof paper and serve straight away with a good dollop of custard.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 125 mg41.7%
Sodium 398.8 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet