|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to Regulo 5 or 375°F.
2. In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add margarine. Beat until fluffy. Add sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating. Then add the flour and beat. Add vanilla essence and a little water in the end and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed. Add warm water to control the consistency.
3. Take paper cases and drop the batter in dessert-spoonfuls
4. Bake in the oven a third of the way down, for 15-20 mins. Remove and let cakes cool.
5. PREPARE THE BUTTER ICING: Use a hand blender to make it. First add butter at room temperature into a bowl. Start whisking. Gradually add icing sugar in small amounts. Add the vanilla essence. Continue beating till the icing becomes firm and shiny and has the consistency of a topping. Little peaks will form.
6. Using a knife, slice off the cake tops thinly and cut slice in half to form 'wings'.
7. Drop a teaspoonful of butter icing on top of each cake. You can also pipe the icing if you like. Sandwich two 'wings' into the butter icing on each cake.
8. Dredge cakes with icing sugar using a seive.
9. Arrange on a platter and serve.