Streusel Cinnamon Coffee Cake
|For streusel mixture|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packaged biscuit mix||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients required for the Streusel mixture and keep aside.
2. Grease a 9"x9"x1 3/4" baking pan using butter.
3. Preheat oven to 375F (187.5C).
4. In a medium sized bowl, using a electric beater, blend sugar, eggs and milk. Add biscuit mix and butter and mix well.
5. Add half of the prepared Streusel Mixture to the batter and stir well.
6. Pour this batter into the greased baking pan.
7. Sprinkle remaining Streusel mixture uniformly over the batter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden-brown in colour.
8.Cool partially on wire rack and demould.
9. Cut while still warm into squares or fancy shapes using cookie cutters/ ring moulds .