|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , zest grated|
1. Preheat the oven to Regulo 4 or 350°F.
2. Take 7 inch cake tin. Grease and scatter flour over the base.
3. Wash the sultanas and dry them.
4. Using a zester, grate the zest of the lemon.
5. To prepare the batter, in a stand mixer (or use a large batter bowl and electric beater), add margarine. Beat until fluffy.
6. Add caster sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
7. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating.
8. Then add the flour and beat.
9. Add milk finally and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed. Using milk, control the consistency of the batter.
10. Pour the mixture into prepared tin.
11. Bake half way down the oven for 1 to1 1/2 hours.
12. Remove and let it cool on a wire tray.
13. Make slices and serve with cream if you like.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.5 mg23.8%
Sodium 515.1 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet