|For a 7 to 8 - inch (17.5 cm-20 cm) cake tin with removable base.|
|Butter||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Black treacle||10 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Self raising flour||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Currants||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Raisins||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Sultanas||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mixed peel||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
1. Combine the flour, salt, mixed spice, fruits, peel, and almonds.
2. Preheat a conventional oven using top and bottom heat to about 350 degree F
3. Grease an 8-inch cake tin and line the base with wax paper.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
5. Add the sugar and beat until the well blended with the butter.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating constantly after each addition.
7. Blend in the treacle.
8. Add the flour, fruit and nut mixture, stirring quickly and lightly but not over beating.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and tap on the table top to spread evenly.
10. Bake the cake for about 1 hour. Cover the top with greaseproof paper if the cake is browning too quickly.
11. Continue baking until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
12. Remove the cake tin from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and let cake cool.
13. Serve the cake as a tea time treat or top with brandied cream or custard and serve as a dessert.