|Rolled oats||6 Ounce|
|Brown sugar||3 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat oven to Regulo 3 or 300°F.
2. Lightly apply margarine on an 8 inch sandwich tin, or a shallow 7 inch square tin.
3. Take a saucepan and melt margarine over gentle heat. Add in sugar, golden syrup and water. Stir continuously until fat has melted and the sugar dissolved. The mixture must not boil.
4. Put in rolled oats and blendwell.
5. Transfer the mixture into the greased tin and even it out.
6. Bake half way down the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Using a pointed knife, mark into 8 to 12 slices.
8. Separate the pieces when cold.
9. Serve with tea.
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 27.3 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet