Pecan Yogurt Cake
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||8 Ounce (1 Cup, Breyers)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Few Reserved Whole For Garnish.)|
1. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking tin and line the base with parchment.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
3. Into a large basin, sift the flour with baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Into a large basin, add the butter or margarine.
5. Use an electric hand mixer or a wooden spoon to cream the fat until soft.
6. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
7. Add the eggs to the creamed mixture, one at a time and beat constantly until well blended to form a smooth and velvety batter.
8. Fold in the flour in batches, add yogurt alternatively and mixing lightly without over beating.
9. Fold in the chopped pecans.
10. Turn the batter into the prepared tin.
11. Decorate with whole pecans.
12. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and spongy to tough.
13. Remove and let stand in tin for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool.
14. Slice and serve the cake with coffee or tea.