Quick Tea Cake
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||2 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Gill)|
|Mixed spice||1 Pinch|
1.Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 7, or 425°F.
2. Lightly flour a baking a tray.
3. Wash and clean dried fruit; drain well.
4. Sieve flour, salt and spice into a warm bowl. Rub in margarine. Add dried fruit and all except 1 tsp. sugar.
5. In a bowl, using a hand blender, cream yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Add warm milk.
6. Transfer the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients; then beaten egg, and mix well to give a soft dough.
7. On a floured board, knead lightly . Split the dough and shape into 8 small teacakes, or 2 large ones.
8. Transfer them on the floured tin and prove on a lightly floured tin.
9. Keep the cakes 2 inches apart on a floured baking tray. Prove until almost double in size.
10. Brush with milk over the tops; bake a third of the way down the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until well risen, golden and rolls sound hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire tray.
11. Serve hot or cold.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg18.1%
Sodium 319.4 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 0.78%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet