No Cholesterol Orange Cake
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease a (8 1/2-inch by 4 ½ inch) loaf pan. Dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
3. Into a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar. Keep aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine the oil, orange rind and juice the add to the flour.
5. Blend at medium speed using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until smooth
6. In a clean dry bowl, add the egg whites.
7. Whisk the whites with a clean dry wire whisk or electric beater at full speed, until they are stiff and form peaks.
8. Add to the batter and using a spatula, lightly fold them in, making the batter light and fluffy.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan.
10. Bake immediately in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until spongy to touch and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
11. Remove cake pan from the oven and let the cake cool in pan
12. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
13. Slice and enjoy with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2595 Calories from Fat 1032
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.7%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1471.6 mg61.3%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.6%
Sugars 211.6 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 126%
Calcium 80.5% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet