Chocolate Sandwich Cake
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Flour||6 Ounce (S R)|
|Liquid chocolate||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce|
|Blanched almonds||2 Tablespoon, split (For Decoration)|
1. Preheat the oven to Regulo 5 or 375°F.
2. Take two 7 inch sandwich tins. Grease and scatter flour over the base.
3. To prepare the chocolate batter, in a stand mixer, add margarine. Beat until fluffy.
4. Add caster sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating.
6. Then add the flour and beat.
7. Add a chocolate liquid and a little water(if needed) in the end and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed. Add warm water to control the consistency.
8. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly between the two tins and spread out evenly.
9. Bake a third of the way down the oven for 15 to 25 minutes.
10. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
11. To prepare the butter icing, use a hand blender. First add butter at room temperature into a bowl. Start whisking. Gradually add icing sugar in small amounts. Add the vanilla essence. Continue beating till the icing becomes firm and shiny and has the consistency of a topping. Little peaks will form.
12. Sandwich the cakes together with this filling.
13. To prepre the chocolate icing, in a bowl add icing sugar. Add a little chocolate liquid, and beat with a hand blender. Add more chocolate liquid gradually and continue beating till a creamy consistency is formed.
14. Spread the icing evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
15. Stick the blanched split almonds around the edge of the cake.
16. Make slices and serve.