Carrot Whipped Cream Cake
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Pound, grated (3 Cups)|
|For whipped cream frosting|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans/Walnut halves||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a sieve sift together, flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. Grease three 9x1 ½ inch round layer-cake pans well and flour them.
4. In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer beat together granulated sugar, salad oil and eggs at medium speed for about 2 minutes until well blended.
5. Stir in carrots and mix well.
6. Running the mixture at low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture and beat until just well combined.
7. Pour the batter equally into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
8. Cool the cake in the pans for 10 minutes.
9. Loosen the sides carefully with spatula and remove them from the pans.
10. Let them cool completely on racks.
11. Wrap each cake layer separately in foil or plastic wrap; seal, label and store in freezer.
12. Remove them from the freezer and let them stand wrapped at room temperature for 1 hour to thaw.
13. In a medium bowl, prepare whipped cream frosting by whipping cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff.
14. Fill the layers with frosting using 3/4 cup for each layer.
15. Frost all sides and arrange pecan halves on top.
16. Place the cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
17. Served chilled Carrot Whipped Cream Cake for dessert.
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 150.4 mg50.1%
Sodium 488 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 48.4 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 167.7% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet