Orange Chiffon Cake Layers
|Egg whites||1 Cup (16 tbs) (7 To 8 Egg Whites, Depending Upon Size)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a large electric mixer bowl, warm the egg whites to room temperature for about 1 hour.
3) In a small bowl, sieve the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
4) Make a well at the center and drop oil, egg yolks, orange juice and orange peel. Beat until smooth.
5) Run the electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
6) Using a wire whisk or rubber spatula under-and-over motion fold batter into egg until blended. Avoid stirring.
7) Divide into two ungreased 9-by-1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
8) Invert cakes by hanging pan between two other pans and let it cool completely for about 1 hour.
9) Using a loosen cake from pan, bang on table and remove the cake.
10) Keep wrapped in a foil until serving.
11) Serve sliced.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3873 Calories from Fat 1197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.7%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.8%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 740.3 mg246.8%
Sodium 3553.5 mg148.1%
Total Carbohydrates 607 g202.2%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 317.4 g
Protein 84 g168.2%
Vitamin A 28.5% Vitamin C 257%
Calcium 152.8% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet