Mahogany Sour Cream Cake
|Baking chocolate square||3|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bain marie, cook the chocolate over low heat till completely melted. Stir well during the melting process to ensure that there are no lumps.
2. Add the sour cream to the chocolate when the chocolate is cool. Mix well again
3. Prepare 2 buttered and floured 9-inches round layer cake pans
4. Preheat the oven to 350°
5. In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together till well combined.
6. In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and the granulated sugar together to make a smooth mix.
7. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture and beat well again
8. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the egg while beating well between each addition.
9. Pour this into the prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes till done
10. Serve the Mahogany cream cake as a tea cake
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.4 mg59.8%
Sodium 721.7 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 57.4 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet