Mahogany Sour Cream Cake
|Baking chocolate square||3|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bain marie, cook the chocolate over low heat till completely melted. Stir well during the melting process to ensure that there are no lumps.
2. Add the sour cream to the chocolate when the chocolate is cool. Mix well again
3. Prepare 2 buttered and floured 9-inches round layer cake pans
4. Preheat the oven to 350°
5. In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together till well combined.
6. In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and the granulated sugar together to make a smooth mix.
7. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture and beat well again
8. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the egg while beating well between each addition.
9. Pour this into the prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes till done
10. Serve the Mahogany cream cake as a tea cake