Angel Custard Cake
|Angel food cake||1 , cut into two layers|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a pan set over another pan of hot water or in the top of a double boiler, dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.
2) In a bowl, whip the cream and beat in the egg yolks.
3) Beat in the sugar and vanilla, then mix thoroughly with the gelatin.
4) Spread the custard between the layers and on top of the cake.
5) Chill the custard cake in refrigerator for about 10 hours.
6) Slice and serve the Angel Custard Cake, on a serving platter.