Angel Custard Cake
|Angel food cake||1 , cut into two layers|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a pan set over another pan of hot water or in the top of a double boiler, dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.
2) In a bowl, whip the cream and beat in the egg yolks.
3) Beat in the sugar and vanilla, then mix thoroughly with the gelatin.
4) Spread the custard between the layers and on top of the cake.
5) Chill the custard cake in refrigerator for about 10 hours.
6) Slice and serve the Angel Custard Cake, on a serving platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2712 Calories from Fat 1648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 183 g281.7%
Saturated Fat 115.4 g577.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1432.6 mg477.5%
Sodium 419.2 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 149.2 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 36.1% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet