Plymouth Cranberry Cake
|Whole cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White cake mix||8 Ounce (1-Layer-Size Package)|
|For butter sauce|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a buttered 8 1/4x1 3/4-inch round ovenwater cake dish, break up the cranberry sauce. Spread evenly.
3) With 2 tablespoons of butter, dot the sauce.
4) As per the directions on the package, make the cake mix.
5) Pour the prepared cake mix all over the cranberries.
6) Bake the preparation in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
7) In the meawhile, make the Butter Sauce. Cream the 1/4 cup of butter and add the confectioners' sugar very gradaully, creaming till the mxiture is fluffy.
8) Combine together the cold water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook and stir till the mixture is thick and bubbly.
9) Stir the hot mixture into the fluffy butter mixture. Add the vinegar and vanilla.
10) Invert the baked cake onto a plate and serve while it is still warm, with the Butter Sauce on the side.