Raisin Spice Cake
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven at 350°F.
2) Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3 inches) and line with wax paper.
3) In a pot, boil sugar, raisins, water, shortening, cinnamon, nutmeg, and spices for 5 minutes and chill.
4) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir into the raisin mix.
5) Transfer the hot mix into the loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
6) Turn out, remove paper.
7) When cool, cut into slices and serve.