Low Fat Honey Sponge Cake
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (Enough To Sprinkle On Cake)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Beat eggs until they turn light.
3. Beat in sugar and honey for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in sifted flour-baking powder mixture until smooth.
5. Dust lightly a greased 8 x 8-inch brownie pan with flour.
6. Transfer the batter into it and bake for 35 minutes or until a teaser inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the oven for 10 minutes, transfer to a cake rack, and allow to cool thoroughly.
8. Turn on to a plate with right side up, sprinkle confectioners-€™ sugar, slice into 2-inch squares and serve with a cup of hot cappuccino.