Low Fat White Cake
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 13 X 9 inch loaf pan with oil and using flour, dust the pan bottom thoroughly. Keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sieve in flour, salt, ½ cup sugar, and baking powder. Add 2/3 cup of milk, oil, and vanilla to dry mixture and beat until smooth.
5. Add rest of the milk and beat thoroughly
5. Beat egg whites to form peaks. Gradually add leftover sugar and beat until the mixture stiffens.
6. Fold egg whites into flour mixture carefully.
7. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the cake top bounces back when pressed using a finger.
8. Transfer to a cake rack and allow to cool.
9. Using a spatula, loosen the edges and turn out.
10. Slice White Cake and serve with hot chocolate.