Low Fat Pound Cake
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
2. Take a 10 x 5-inch loaf pan and grease with oil. Line the pan with waxed paper, grease the paper lightly with oil and keep aside until required.
3. Sift cake flour with baking powder and salt.
4. Beat margarine to a creamy mixture, add sugar gradually, and beat to turn the mixture fluffy and light.
5. Beat in egg yolks and water until mixture turns light.
6. Slowly add flour mixture, beating well, until the mixture is well-blended.
7. Add mace along with vanilla and stir well.
8. Beat egg whites until stiff, but non-dry and fold into flour mixture.
9. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for about 75 minutes or until the top springs back when pressed.
10. Place on the cake rack, cool for 15 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen the edges and turn onto cake rack. Allow to cool thoroughly.
11. Slice the pound cake and serve.