Low Fat Custard Chiffon Cake
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Allow milk to come to boiling.
3. Beat egg yolks. Add hot milk, gradually, stirring continuously to avoid curdling. Allow to cool.
4. Sieve flour along with baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Add oil, lemon rind, egg yolk mixture, and vanilla and beat to a smooth mixture.
5. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar to a stiff, but non-dry mixture.
6. Carefully, without beating, fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
7. Transfer to a 9-inch tube pan and bake for 60 minutes or until the cake top bounces back when pressed using a finger.
8. Take out and invert into a clean plate. Allow to cool.
9. Using a spatula, loosen the cake.
10. Serve Custard Chiffon Cake sliced with whipped cream.