Low Fat Chiffon Cake
|Cake flour||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Sieve in flour with baking powder, sugar, and salt. Beat in oil, water, vanilla, egg yolks, and almond extracts to a smooth mixture.
3. Beat egg white with cream of tartar to a stiff mixture.
4. Carefully fold egg white into yolk mixture.
5. Transfer to a 9-inch tube pan and bake for 60 minutes or until the cake top springs backwards when pressed using a finger.
6. Take out and invert into a clean plate. Allow to cool.
7. Using a spatula, loosen the cake.
8. Serve Chiffon Cake sliced with whipped cream.