Chocolate Fruit Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet baking chocolate||4 Ounce, melted|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cherry preserves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped candied red cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Candied cherry||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Pecan halves||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For cake,
3. In a large bowl cream butter and sugars.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and stir in buttermilk and melted chocolate.
5. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. To the creamed mixture add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
7. Add preserves and brandy and stir until well blended.
8. Stir in cherries, dates and pecans and into a well-greased 10-inch fluted tube pan spoon batter.
9. Bake 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan 10 minutes and onto a serving plate invert the cake.
11. For glaze
12. In a small saucepan combine and stir water and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves.
13. Stir in sugar and cocoa and cook stirring frequently over medium heat until mixture starts to boil.
14. Add butter, brandy and vanilla and remove from heat.
15. Stir until butter melts and allow glaze to cool 5 minutes.
16. Pour glaze over warm cake and decorate with cherry and pecan halves.
17. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
18. Serve as snacks or as desired.