Orange Marmalade Cake
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange marmalade||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple juice||1 Ounce|
|Orange marmalade||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For cake, in a large bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy, beat in vanilla until smooth and stir in marmalade.
3. In a medium bowl, sift flour and baking soda together.
4. Into butter mixture alternately beat dry ingredients and butter milk.
5. Into a greased and floured 8 1/2-inch fluted tube pan pour batter and bake 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
7. For icing, in a heavy medium saucepan combine sugar and milk.
8. With constant stirring cook over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
9. Dip a pastry brush in hot water and wash down any sugar crystals on sides of pan.
10. To the pan attach a candy thermometer such that thermometer does not touch bottom of pan.
11. Bring to a boil and cook, without stirring, until syrup reaches 230 degrees.
12. Into a heat-resistant bowl pour the mixture removing from heat.
13. Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat mixture until thickened and creamy.
14. Stir in pineapple, coconut, and marmalade and spoon over cake.
15. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator and serve as snacks or as desired.
Calories 803 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g116%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg83.7%
Sodium 444.8 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 92.4 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet