Individual Steamed Sponge Cake
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, beat the egg whites till peak consistency.
2) Gradually beat the sugar in egg whites until very stiff.
3) Beat in the egg yolks in the mixture.
4) Sift together the flour and baking powder over the egg white mixture and stir thoroughly.
5) Divide the mixture equally among 12 paper cupcake cups or greased custard cups.
6) Place on a rack in a large saucepan and add water to just below the level of the rack.
7) Cover, bring to a boil and let steam over low heat for 20 minutes or until cakes are set.
8) Serve the cakes hot or cold as desired.
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg15.4%
Sodium 50.9 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet