Pineapple Orange Cake
|Graham crackers||2 , made into crumbs (2 1/2-inch squares)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet whipped butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (preferably no sugar added)|
|Canned pineapple slices||4 , drained (preferably no sugar added)|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon, melted (preferably reduced calorie)|
|Sliced toasted almonds||1⁄2 Ounce|
1. Spray a 9-inch microwave proof pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cut a sheet of wax paper and set in the pie plate; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs in pie plate and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine together flour, baking powder, orange peel (if desired), and salt; set aside.
5. Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat together sugar, butter, and margarine for about 1 minute or until light and fluffy,.
6. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until thoroughly mixed.
7. Alternately add flour mixture and orange juice, beating after each addition until well blended.
8. Transfer batter to the pie plate, spreading top of batter until smooth.
9. Microwave on Medium (50%) for 12 minutes, rotating pie plate 1/4 turn every 4 minutes.
10. Microwave on High (100%) for 30 seconds.
11. Set pie plate on wire rack and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
12. Invert cake onto serving platter; remove the wax paper.
13. In a serving dish, neatly arrange the cake and decorate it with pineapple slice.
14. Brush slices with marmalade, and then top cake with almonds.