Low Fat Cake Squares
|Cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan lightly with oil and dust with flour. Keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder, sugar, and salt. Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, oil, lemon juice, and water to the mixture until smooth.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar to a stiff, yet non-dry mixture.
5. Carefully, but thoroughly fold egg whites mixture into flour mixture.
6. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until cake when pressed with a finger springs back.
7. Cool in the pan on a cake rack for 15 minutes.
8. Loosen the edges with a spatula and invert onto cake rack to cool thoroughly.
9. Cut into 24 squares, sprinkle confectioners' sugar, and store.
10. Serve Cake Squares with hot tea or coffee.