Low Fat Angel Food Loaf
|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Sieve, thrice, flour along with ¼ cup sugar and salt.
3. Beat egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar to form peaks. Add 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Carefully, without beating, fold in flour mixture.
5. Transfer to a 10-inch loaf pan and bake for 25 minutes or until brown and the cake top bounces back when pressed with a finger.
6. Invert the cake above 2 bottles or bowls so that it is elevated from the table. Allow to cool thoroughly.
7. Using a spatula, loosen the edges.
8. Slice Angel Food Loaf and serve with a topping of whipped cream.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.26 g0.39%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60.6 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.1% Iron 0.21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet