Crabby Corn Cakes
|Chopped red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen crabmeat||5 Ounce, thawed|
|Corn muffin||2 Ounce, made into crumbs (1 day old)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Hot sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray a non-stick skillet of 10-inches.
2) Add the onion and bell pepper and sautÃ© over moderate-high heat, frequently stirring, till the ingredients are tender. This usually takes 1 to 2 minutes.
3) Put the sautÃ©ed vegetables in a medium mixing bowl and add the corn muffin crumbs, egg yolks, crab meat, 2 teaspoons of lime juice and hot sautÃ©. Stir well to combine.
4) Set the mixture aside.
5) With an electric mixer set on high speed, beat the egg whites in a small mixing bowl till they are stiff but not dry.
6) Fold the egg whites into the crabmeat mixture very gently.
7) In the skillet used before, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and using half of the crabmeat mixture and making 4 cakes, drop the mixture into the hot oil.
8) Cook over moderate-high heat, turning once, till the cakes are light brown. This takes 2 to 3 minutes of cooking on each side.
9) Put the cakes on a serving platter and set aside. Keep warm.
10) Repeat the process using the remaining oils and crabmeat mixture to make 4 more cakes.
11) Combine together the sour cream, mustard, remaining teaspoon lime juice and the lime peel in a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
12) Serve the crabmeat cakes while still hot. Top each crab cakes portion with half of the sour cream mixture and serve as a main dish.