Low Fat Refrigerator Cheesecake
|Melted margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Graham cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Non fat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take an 8-inch spring-form and grease slightly with butter.
2. Press crumbs mixed with rest of the margarine against pan sides and bottom. Allow to chill until the filling is ready.
3. Take a sieve and force cheese through it. In ¼ cup water, soften gelatin.
5. Place egg yolks atop a double broiler and soften the gelatin. Add milk, salt, and sugar and stirring steadily, cook, above hot water until mixture thickens.
6. Add softened gelatin and mix to dissolve. Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes.
7. Add the mixture along with vanilla to cheese.
8. Beat dry milk powder with rest of the water for a mixture with whipped cream consistency.
9. Beat egg whites to stiff, but non-dry mixture.
10. Fold egg whites and whipped milk into cheese mixture.
11. Carefully pour into spring form pan and allow to chill for 5 minutes or until set.
12. Serve Refrigerator Cheesecake sliced with cold coffee.